Seven Reasons To Read To Your Child
We all know that learning to read is important, but what can we as parents do to facilitate this milestone?
Reading to your child has many benefits one of which is simply having time to snuggle together.
Here are 7 reasons to read to your child.
1. When you read to your child, he/she will learn that reading is important to you, therefore reading will become important to him/her.
2. The more your child hears sounds, the better he/she will process these sounds into words. When a child is preschool/kindergarten age the listening word starts to become the written word.
3. Reading is a wonderful before bed routine. Studies have shown that a child will thrive in an atmosphere in which routines are present.
4. Reading will help to develop your child’s imagination. Have you ever gotten lost in a good book? Your child can do the same while you are reading to him/her.
5. Reading will foster your child’s ability to listen and pay attention. With all the problems we here about concerning attention spans this is a great way to avoid that.
7. Reading to your child will develop in him/her the desire to become a reader.
8. Teachers will thank you.
Isn’t it exciting to think that you can have such an effect on your child’s ability to read just by reading to him/her? You have the power to develop a life long joy of reading and learning in your child. WOW! Just read.